I read some tutorials on how to run Guild Wars 2 on Mac OSX Lion but they later became out dated so I had to do some digging.. So I figured I would gather all my findings here.
Mind you I am installing Guild Wars 2 on my MacBook Pro 13′ i5 late 2011.
Step 1. Install WineSkin and its dependancies.
Step 2. Configure WineSkin
– Launch WineSkin
– Click ‘+’ to add engine. Select Latest. Download and Install.
– Then update to the latest wrapper as well.
– Create New Blank Wrapper.
– Name it. (I.E GW2)
Step 3. Configure the wrapper.
– Install everything that it prompts for (.Net Application stuff and Gecko thing)
– Locate new Wrapper in WineSkin Folder ( I.E. Users/Patrick/Application/Wineskin/GW2.app)
– Right click on ‘GW2.app’ and click ‘Show package contents’
– Launch ‘Wineskin’
– Click advanced
– Set Windows EXE location to GW2.exe (GW2 setup file)
– Change ‘screen options’. Click ‘override’ I did full screen at 1024×768. Done.
– Then at ‘Tools’ Tab click ‘Winetricks. Install/Run ‘d3dx9’
-back to the config tab. add -dx9single to the EXE flags. (KEY PART lets you get past the black screen in guild wars 2)
– Then you are ready to run! (download patch and play!)
Heres is my Screenshot of WineSkin config: